SMS Backup & Restore is a simple Android app that backs up and restores your phone’s text messages and call logs.
– Backup SMS (text) Messages and call logs in XML format.
– Local device backup with options to automatically upload to Email, Google Drive or Dropbox
– NEW: An add-on app is no longer required to upload to the cloud. All settings are integrated.
– Choose a recurring scheduled time to automatically backup.
– Option to backup MMS (media in the messages)
– Option to select which text conversations to backup or restore.
– View and drill into your backups
– Search your backups
– Restore/transfer backup to another phone. Backup format is independent of the Android version so the messages and logs can be easily transferred from one phone to another, irrespective of the version.
– Fast Transfer between 2 phones over WiFi direct
– Ability to restore pre-existing SMS or call logs backups from our other apps.
– Ability to restore all text messages or only selected conversations.
– Free up space on your phone. Delete all SMS Messages or call logs on the Phone.
– Email a backup file.
– The XML backup can be converted to other formats, and can also be viewed on a computer.
– Tested on Android 4.0.3 and higher
– Letv Le devices not yet supported. We are working on this. Check back here for an update.
– App restores backups made by this app
– Please start the app at least once after updates so that the scheduled backups start working.
– Backup is created locally on the phone by default, but you have the option to upload to Email, Google Drive or Dropbox. You are responsible for backup files. At no time are the files sent to the developer.
– On newer phones with inbuilt storage the default backup location will probably be the internal storage card and not the external. This is because the phone reports the storage that way.
– If you intend to do a factory reset on the phone, please make sure you save/email a copy of the backup outside the phone before doing it.
– On Android 4.4+ devices, if you have performed the Restore and the messages don’t appear in your messaging app then:
– Open your messaging app and Disable SMS from Settings.
– Exit the app
– Open the app again and Enable SMS from Settings.
This App needs access to the following:
* Your messages: Backup and Restore messages. Receive SMS permission needed to properly handle messages received while the app is the default messaging app on Android 4.4+ devices.
* Your Calls and Contact information: Backup and Restore Call Logs.
* Storage: To create the Backup file on the SD card.
* Phone calls – Without this the Restore fails on some phones.
* Network view and communication: Allows the app to connect to wifi for backup
* Your social information: To display and store the contact names in the Backup file.
* Run at start-up: Start scheduled Backups.
* Control Vibration: To vibrate the phone when an operation is completed.
* Prevent Phone from Sleeping: To prevent the phone from going to sleep/suspended state while a Backup or Restore operation is in progress.
* Test access to Protected Storage: To create the Backup file on the SD card.